Singing Bowls Advice


Lovely to hear of your Tibetan Singing Bowl interest and wanting to learn. I've added my notes for you, also here on line.
For decades I have studied with masters of sound and sound healing, including Tibetan monks. I have been to Tibet. 

 Buying and using Singing Bowls is NOT just an issue of using a wand on a bowl

although I do believe there are people that get away with that.......   :(  and sell themselves...
These people (and you may even know them) may also ORDER TIBETAN BOWLS without having personally listened to them, without having played them.    :(
They may not know anything about Sound Healing  :(    but may have created a pretty or serene space and wear a lovely garment... and charge for sessions.

In addition to those I’ve learned with, played with, I have also read many sound healing books, listened often to fine players, and on CDs, and been inspired on YouTube, AS YOU CAN DO. I hope you do.

As I said to you in person, INTENTION, KAVANAH is important as is wisdom and experience. 
I first talk to G*d. 

It is NOT me playing, but I am a channel for good energy. 
Just as when I play drums for spiritual temple services. 
I step out of the way...
I intuit.
Listen.

If you have a wooden wand for Tibetan bowl, cover one end of it with cloth for a gentle sound. I have used felt. You may need to purchase separately a wand, or make one.

A rubber ring placed under the bowl to raise it may be helpful.
A pretty ethnic cushion to raise bowl may look lovely.

It is helpful to know what key your bowl is in.

Places you may possibly find Tibetan Bowls to purchase are mystical and 'new agey' gift shops. 
Self Realization Fellowship in Pacific Palisades may have them. Call and ask. Visit there and enjoy.
Any other Buddhist temples may possibly sell them. Call.
Call Hare Krishna places, maybe.

Follow Your Heart grocery in Woodland Hills may have them in their new age gift section, but they may not be old hand-hammered. They just may be little cute bowls as many gift shops may have. 

Maybe there are new age shops on Main Street, Venice that may have them. 

Ahhh, look up Globe Institute for Sound and Consciousness in SF for crystal bowls. 
i just now forwarded to you mail from them.
Them I would order from on line because they are reputable and do sound testing with you. 

I play the crystal bowl for Lev Eisha at annual retreat. I have played my full Tibetan set in years past for Lev Eisha.
At B’nai Horin, I play all the bowls, as I did also for Makom Ohr Shalom and Ahavat Torah. 
I’ve played them all for UCLA ArtsandHealing, REMO's Drum Day, etc.
See my main introduction page for places I play. 

I have only bought bowls that I can hold easily so I don’t hurt my hand. My drumming hands are important to me.
But a big enough old bowl that it can SIT alone and you don’t have to hold is wonderful. Then it SINGS A LONG TIME. THAT IS GOOD.

OLD hand-made singing bowls are best.
How do they resonate with you? 

For private healing sessions, always test bowls with people for sensitivity before playing them.

My at times playing partner, renowned Kabbalah Bach may remember name of a dealer in LA where she has bought. This person has been a vendor at LA GIFT SHOW. 
i’ve met her, played with her, but don't recall name.  

Kabbalah of Gaia Mama, played last week at Spiritual Unity Movement. 
Kabbalah offers sound sessions.
(818) 787-9015
(818) 909-0061

Any questions, feel free to contact me. 

I hope the above advice is helpful for you. 

With caring and
BlesSings for hearing, playing, seeing, vitality, health, wholeness, harmony & peace, revealed miracles, inspiration & creativity, discovery & wonder, blooming gardens, majestic sunrises, singing birds, love, laughter, joy and LIGHT,
JOY Krauthammer
"Serve G*d With Joy”


No comments: