Suzanne's Song of the Bowl

SONG OF THE BOWL

By Suzanne Gallant


The Singing bowl chimed through
Our room,
Reverberating through 
My body.
My soul absorbed it,
As my ears held onto it.

The tone of the bowl sang 
A pulsating
Low note and a clear high one,
They merged
Inside me, into one
Clear sound.

The tone of the bowl vibrated
From somewhere
It began and flowed until at the end,
There was no way and I was…
Between knowing when it was
And when it wasn’t anymore.

When did it start that note,
That tone?
And when did it reverberate
No more
Can you tell the difference between hearing
And feeling it?

That space, that intersection, that interval
Between sound and silence
Between vibration and calm
In that blurry space, the foggy line between
Being and not being.

The boundaries we delineate
Are subjective
Different as night and day, and yet
Identical, the same. 
There is a separation, but wait maybe 
It’s not there.

Is this God?

2.11.2015

  ~ ~ ~

Poem I appreciate by friend and artist Suzanne Gallant, was written following my playing Crystal Singing Bowl for Lev Eisha retreat as I do each year.

Suzanne shared her poem with me during Counting of Sephirat HaOmer Tiferet sh b'Yesod
This pair of Sephirot are traits of truth, beauty and harmony within foundation and bonding, attributes of the Holy One, that we share being "created in the image of G*d".

My Crystal Singing Bowl is tuned to Heart Chakra, and Tiferet is where the heart is. 
My heart in friendship, Yesod, feels the gift of Suzanne's poem.
My Sound Bath playing comes through my vessel as a gift from G*d.

- Joy Krauthammer





No comments: